Manager, Property Management - Lease Compliance
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc.Located in San Antonio, TX
Our vision at Petco is Healthier Pets. Happier People. Better World. We’re making things better for pets, people and the planet through our Think Adoption First philosophy, the Petco Foundation and other important initiatives that focus on putting animals first, educating pet parents and reducing our carbon footprint. The journey starts with knowledgeable, passionately engaged associates who are proud to recommend Petco as a place to work, who believe in our Vision and who are committed to delivering a superior customer experience.
From our retail stores and our network of Distribution Centers to our Corporate offices, you'll work with others who share your values and commitment. We seek individuals who are passionate about animal welfare, have great people skills and are driven to grow and advance in their careers with us. Our ongoing growth is creating exceptional opportunities for professional development and personal enrichment throughout our organization.
The Manager, Property Management - Lease Compliance will be in our Petco San Antonio office, and the successful candidate will be responsible for lease compliance of all 1500+ PETCO stores, managing and supervising property managers, lease compliance, including but not limited to: maintain monthly rents and NNN charges; liaison between District Managers/Vice President of Regional Operations and landlords on store maintenance issues; monitor operating costs associated with common area maintenance, property taxes, insurance and other costs; and interpret lease terms and conditions for District Managers/Vice President of Regional Operations and accounting department as needed. Supervise lease renewal documentation, store closings and lease expirations. Also responsible for the management of departmental database, and lease audit function of the department.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Develops and manages auditing programs targeted at recovering lease overcharges.
- Monitors all lease violations and assists Property Managers, Lease Compliance in negotiation with landlords for timely resolution of all audit issues.
- Reviews and approves all payables processed by Property Managers, Lease Compliance to ensure timely payments to Landlords.
- Respond to inquiries regarding lease rights and explanation of lease terminology from outside departments on behalf of Property Managers.
- Provide guidance to direct reports as questions arise regarding auditing issues.
- Analyze data such as lease terms and provisions, determine appropriate course of action and negotiate and implement solutions.
- Supervise the preparation of yearly budgets for all subleased stores for Base Rent, CAM, Taxes, Insurance, along with the monthly billings and annual reconciliations.
Directly manage lower level Real Estate staff. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, mentoring/coaching, providing functional guidance, assignment delegation and follow-through, and, partnering with Human Resources, discipline up to and including termination.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards. Some travel to visit surplus sites or problem properties may be required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience; in addition, a strong accounting background is strongly preferred.
- 5 years experience in professional level commercial real estate, construction and property management and 5 years supervisory experience.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in CAM auditing and “NNN” leases, cost accounting and other lease administration functions including rent commencement activities, and a strong working knowledge of construction terminology and practices so that the property manager can act as liaison between construction and maintenance personnel and landlord, and the ability to draft and negotiate lease amendments and renewals.
Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to negotiate disputes while maintaining good relationships with the landlords and to interact with managers in other Petco departments to develop and maintain best practices.
Interested parties apply here https://careers.petco.com/ reference req# 18034387
(Posted on: Feb 15, 2019)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $275.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.