CORT Business ServicesLocated in Chantilly, VA
The Lease Administrator is responsible for overseeing the tracking of all financial obligations with respect to all lease properties as well as the payment of real estate taxes for owned properties. In this position the employee will maintain the data base with respect to all facilities to include rent and operating expense data, expiration dates with respect to leases, renewal options, termination rights, etc. and other pertinent information with respect to all properties CORT leases and subleases.
- Interfaces with real estate management companies, Landlords and District General Managers and Corporate accounting staff in the review of requests for payments to insure accuracy in conformance with rental obligations.
- Responsible for abstracting pertinent data from leases together with updating and maintaining a real estate information system.
- Ensures all renewal, expansion and termination dates are reviewed and acted upon in a timely manner.
- Oversees all subleased properties and insure that all rental obligations are updated; monies collected and perform all necessary calculations, i.e., CPI adjustments, calculations for reimbursable operating expenses, etc.
- Reviews and approves for payment all operating expense reconciliation statements.
- Responsible for maintaining and overseeing legal document activity and notarization of legal documents.
- Reviews lease documents and provide guidance and counsel to field operating units. Distributes close out check lists to DGM(s) when closing facilities and ensures we receive back and follows up on return of all security deposits.
- Performs administrative duties such as preparation of real estate analysis and tracking reports, underlying lease option reports, rent obligation reports, open & close facility reports.
- Ensures timely compliance with landlord requests such as Estoppels and subordination agreements. Reviews documents with operating units, construction department for accuracy and existing legal file to ensure documents are accurate before forwarding to Senior VP for signature.
- Provides lease information to insurance broker for the issuance of insurance certificates to Landlords on all new lease agreements entered into.
- Notarizes legal documents that require notary
- Bachelor’s degree
- Good understanding of commercial real estate leases, terminology, and implications of lease language
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- High attention to detail required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and good organizational skills
- Good communication skills, and problem /resolution abilities.
- Ability to work with little supervision.Chantilly
CORT is a subsidiary of Warren Buffet’s Berkshire Hathaway. We are the world’s largest provider of furniture rental, trade show and event furnishings and relocation and transition services. We have locations throughout the US and in the UK, and a proprietary global network in over 80 countries around the world. We are dedicated to helping people make a house a home, an office a great place to work and an event a memorable celebration.
As part of a national company, CORT Furniture Rental offers opportunities for career development, professional growth, competitive salaries with position-specific incentive or commission plans, a comprehensive benefit plan, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, educational expense reimbursement and employee discounts.
For more information on CORT Business Services, please visit our website at www.CORT.com.
If you are interested in this role, please apply https://careers-cort.icims.com/jobs/2554/lease-administrator/job
(Posted on: Jan 24, 2019)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $275.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.