Chick-fil-A, Inc.Located in Atlanta, GA
At Chick-fil-A, Inc., we're committed to creating a positive and productive place to work for our more than 1,000 staff employees. Located in Atlanta, Ga. our headquarters—which we call the Support Center—spans 73 wooded acres with nature trails, a workout facility and a lake. It’s an inviting atmosphere intended to inspire people to bring their wealth of experience, creativity and enthusiasm to their jobs every day. With an average retention rate of 95% for Chick-fil-A, Inc. corporate employees, our people find their careers at Chick-fil-A, Inc. to be challenging and rewarding.
The Lease Accounting Team is entrusted with financial oversight of over 1,200 real estate leases covering Chick-fil-A Restaurants and Corporate properties. The team is part of Corporate Financial Services at Chick-fil-A and frequently interacts with the Real Estate, Restaurant Development, Legal and Asset Management teams.
The primary responsibilities of the Lease Accountant role include proper setup of payment schedules and financial obligations for new lease agreements, ensuring FASB accounting standards are implemented properly, and proper recording of journal entries.
The Lease Accounting Team is looking for someone who enjoys leading work independently, is analytical, is a natural problem-solver, and seeks continual improvement.
- Serve as the financial contact on all new Chick-fil-A, Inc. lease agreements, amendments, extensions and other financial agreements covering our restaurant sites and corporate properties
- Coordinate with Real Estate, Restaurant Development and Legal Operations to ensure initial rental obligations are met based on lease critical dates
- Ensure proper setup of payment schedules and financial obligations in our lease management system, IBM TRIRIGA
- Research, model and implement proper lease accounting classification per FASB ASC 840, consulting in-house Technical Accountant as needed
- Create Rent Calculation Report for lease/sublease to Chick-fil-A Restaurant Owner/Operator and communicate all associated pass-through charges
- Ensure proper accounting entries & accruals are made on both Chick-fil-A, Inc. financial statements and Restaurant Franchisee Fee calculation reports
- Assist with transition to new FASB lease accounting standard ASC 842
- Serve as the lease contact for in-house Staff, Chick-fil-A Owner/Operators and third-party landlords for assigned locations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to read, interpret, and apply lease language
- Ability to manage multiple outstanding issues and deadlines at a given time
- Self-starter that demonstrates eagerness to learn and assume responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal & written communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and with others in teams
- Aptitude for problem solving and innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must pass Chick-fil-A accounting test
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in applying GAAP lease accounting principles per FASB ASC 840 and FASB ASC 842
- Experience in similar role working with retail leases
- Previous experience with Oracle Fusion and/or IBM TRIRIGA
- CPA License (awarded or in process)
(Posted on: Apr 12, 2018)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $275.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.