Property Manager - Lease Compliance
Petco Animal SuppliesLocated in San Antonio, TX also willing to consider candidates working remotely
Position Purpose: Responsible for lease compliance of all PETCO stores including auditing, co-tenancy and operating costs associated with common area maintenance, property taxes, insurance and other costs; and interpreting lease terms and conditions for Management and the accounting department as needed.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis on company interests.
- Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within established timeframes.
Nature of Supervision:
General instruction is provided on some, but not all tasks to be performed. In addition, the Property Manager - Lease Compliance is responsible for completing non-routine assignments and projects that may last for extended periods of time without regular supervisory guidance or direction.
Planning and Problem Solving:
Property Manager - Lease Compliance must plan for on-time and accurate completion of the assigned tasks to make sure the deadlines will be met.
Position is partially responsible for the occupancy budget of over $400,000,000.00. Also responsible for the NNN auditing, which saves the company over $1,000,000.00 per year
Education/Experience: The educational background of an applicant to this position is a four-year college degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience, with a strong accounting background preferred. A qualified applicant will also have a thorough knowledge of and experience in CAM auditing and “NNN” leases, cost accounting. Position requires excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to negotiate disputes while maintaining good relationships with the landlords and to interact with managers in other Petco departments to develop and maintain best practices. A minimum of five years experience in professional level commercial real estate/lease audit is required.
Competencies: Demonstrate Adaptability and Desire to Learn -- Works productively in the face of ambiguity or uncertainty. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to obstacles, constraints, adversity, and mistakes. Constructively and resourcefully adapts to changing needs, conditions, priorities or opportunities. Seeks out opportunities to learn from new discoveries, innovations, ways of looking at things, knowledge, and ideas. Invites and incorporates feedback, without becoming defensive. Experience with Tririga a plus.
- Perform Professional Analysis -- Integrates information from a variety of sources to arrive at a broader understanding of issues (e.g., company reports plus in-store observations). Defines issues clearly despite incomplete or ambiguous information. Identifies the key issues in complex or ambiguous problems. Approaches problems or issues systematically, looking for connections, trends, and potential causes. Probes and looks past symptoms to determine the underlying causes of problems and issues.
- Plan and Execute -- Develops realistic plans (e.g., action steps, timelines) to accomplish objectives. Acquires and leverages resources, processes, and tools to achieve business goals. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results. Holds him/herself and team accountable for outcomes (e.g., achieving goals and complying with policies and procedures). Anticipates and addresses obstacles, redirecting efforts to accelerate the work or improve quality.
- Produce Results -- Initiates decisive, timely action to address important issues. Demonstrates a strong sense of ownership and a commitment to achieving meaningful results. Sets challenging, clear goals/targets and expectations for achieving business results. Drives initiatives/efforts to successful completion and closure. Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Satisfy the Customer -- Identifies and anticipates customer requirements, expectations, and needs. Seeks feedback from customers to identify improvement opportunities. Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved. Continually searches for ways to improve customer service (including the removal of barriers, and providing solutions).
- Use Professional Judgment -- Makes logical, rational, and integrative decisions, and arrives at sound conclusions. Chooses the best alternative(s) based on a review of pros, cons, tradeoffs, timing, and probabilities. Evaluates the consequences and implications of alternatives, actions, or decisions (e.g., impact on sales, returns, customer loyalty). Makes timely decisions, balancing analysis with decisiveness.
The majority of job duties are performed while seated indoors with little or no exposure to hazards.
Due to the nature of this position, the Property Manager - Lease Compliance will have a great deal of contact both within and outside the company, ranging anywhere from the routine exchange of information to the resolution of complex problems. Contacts within the Company will consist primarily with the Directors of Operation, District Leaders and Accounting, while outside contacts will consist of landlords and property managers and their attorneys.
Interested parties may contact Courtney Brown, Courtney.C.Brown@petco.com
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job. PETCO reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time without advance notice.
(Posted on: Mar 1, 2017)Back to all Jobs
About Job Listings
As a service to its members, the NRTA publishes professional opportunities in the Lease Management, Property Management, Rent Accounting, Lease Audit, and other Development/Real Estate related areas on this site. If interested in posting a position, please contact the NRTA office directly.
NRTA will charge $275.00 per job posting. Listings will remain on the page for a period of ninety (90) days unless otherwise notified.
Opportunities appearing on this page are presented as a service to member companies, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of the positions or employers by the NRTA.