James Avery Artisan Jewelry is a family owned, vertically-integrated company headquartered in Kerrville, Texas—we design, manufacture, market, and sell our own products.
Are you a Retail Real Estate Leasing Professional with analytical and lease negotiation experience? Perhaps you may have interest in becoming a Retail Leasing Specialist with James Avery Artisan Jewelry! This position will investigate, analyze and present data for current store lease renewal opportunities and potential store site locations; participates in lease negotiation/renewals and landlord communications as directed, and facilitates resolution of operational lease issues with the landlords and retail stores. This opportunity is located at our Corporate Headquarters in Kerrville, TX.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Analyze and review existing and potential store sites for presentation and review by the Real Estate Committee (“REC”). This includes the following:
- Preparation of potential market comparative analysis; potential center comparative analysis and proformas.
- Prepare, adapt and submit Avery Standard letter of intent and Cold Dark Shell documents to landlord through negotiator.
- Acquisition and distribution of Lease Outline Drawings.
- Present data to the REC for approval of all new store openings, renewals, relocations, expansions, and closures.
- Coordinate the legal review of Lease Agreement documents with designated internal and/or external legal counsel or specialist.
- Track lease options for renewals and kickouts. Perform analysis of tenant mix, store performance, alternative location, and proforma for submittal to the REC for action and the Real Estate consultant for lease negotiation.
- *Maintain a constant level of sites to accomplish current and future year objectives. Stay strategically aligned with the new store-opening plan for the company.
- Analyze current retail performance metrics such as occupancy costs comparatives, store profit analysis and performance to projected proformas.
- Effectively manage “deal” inventory. Upon site approval of an assigned project, continue to work with the “deal” and all associated personnel until the lease is signed.
- Mediate issues through the lease negotiation process as they relate to design, construction, timing, and operational commitments.
- Communicate with landlord regarding any operational issues such as parking, signage, hours, promotion requirements, Common Area Maintenance (“CAM”) issues, and contractual repairs.
- Assist in the maintenance of real estate files.
- Communicate lease terms to all impacted departments, JAC Vendors/Service Providers and Retail management.
- Partner with legal team to interpret lease agreement and underlying legal documents to insure compliance as it relates to Operational Sections of the lease.
The ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, integrity, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at James Avery Jewelry.
Consistently demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; a strong attention to detail and a high degree of organizational skills. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Collaborates with the departmental team and with cross-functional teams to build positive working relationships and establish a high level of trust and credibility throughout the organization.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of Retail Leasing experience (At least 7 years if no Bachelor’s degree)
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze data, understand trends, develop recommendations for action based on the analysis required.
- Experience in data tracking, analysis and report generation required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, networking, negotiating and influencing skills with a successful track record required.
- Knowledge of Leasing Management Solution (Lucernex) and mapping software preferred.
- Must be able to travel as needed and be able to meet, on a consistent basis, the driving record requirements of the Company’s auto insurance carrier.
- Pass a background check as well as an alcohol, controlled substance, and illegal drug screen that meets Company standards before beginning regular employment.
In order to be considered for this position you must apply online at our Careers Page. Please follow the link below: