Foot Locker, Inc. (NYSE: FL) is a leading global retailer of athletically inspired shoes and apparel. The Company operates 3,270 athletic retail stores in 26 countries. Foot Locker is seeking a Lease Auditor to be a member of the Lease Audit Team. The Lease Audit team is responsible for ensuring compliance with key financial and operational terms and conditions in our retail store leases throughout North America. Their goal is to recover/save $4M annually by identifying landlord overcharges and recovering the overpayments. Lease Audit embraces and exhibits Foot Locker’s Core Values of integrity, leadership excellence, service, team work, innovation and community. We attribute our success to the daily contributions of the remarkable individuals who make up our team.
Successful candidates must possess the ability to analyze commercial retail lease contracts and payment information to determine compliance, identify potential overpayments, and the collection of payment due to the company as a result of completed audit results. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day and we guarantee there will never be a dull moment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits and/or reviews commercial, retail lease contracts (and related amendments, etc.) and payment information to identify non-compliance and possible overcharges.
- Document the overpayments, with supporting backup, submit supporting reports to third parties and ensure collection of monies due the company.
- Provide recovery and savings information to management.
- Daily project management of all assigned cost recovery projects/audits.
- Identify and assist in the implementation of process improvements.
- Participate in meetings to present and discuss recovery opportunities, results of recovery activities, and/or to discuss details of claims.
- Participate in cost recovery strategic planning meetings.
- Minimal travel required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Position may further require the ability to perform additional duties as assigned by supervision.
- 4 years minimum related experience.
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Access required.
- Knowledge of Lucernex, People Soft A/P & G/L is desirable.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets leases, amendments, other legal documents, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and update tracking/follow-up reports.
- Ability to effectively present to all levels of management.
- Ability to problem solve difficult situations.
- Critical thinking skills.
If interested, please forward your confidential resume and salary requirements to Paris Egolf at email@example.com.
Foot Locker is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.